Saturday 5 May 2018

Out Of Liverpool

out of Mann Island on to Sids Ditch

entering Stanley Locks and joining the Leeds and Liverpool Canal and home


Entering Mann Island lock 0745
Hi
Yesterday we left Liverpool yesterday at the usual time of 08.00 expecting to be met at the first lock which is Mann Island however the allotted time of 08.00 came and went without any sign of the lock keepers so in true bull dog fashion we did it ourselves all the way to Stanley Locks where we were welcomed by ONE lock volunteer who said he had started early as he had just walked his wife to work and he really wasn't expecting us. ANYONE deciding to do the Liverpool Link please ensure that you read the new "skippers Guide" and even though you may get a reminder text phone CRT to make sure you are expected Also remember that all the swing bridges are self operated all the way through to Stanley Locks

The trip out was a none event very quiet and a very easy trip we did however get some very decorative rope wrapped around the Rudder which was lucky for us as it could have been the Prop being the Rudder it was easy to get rid of stopped off last night at the Scarisbrick arms for a well earned dinner very nice piece of sirloin this morning we had an early start to arrive here in Scarisbrick around 9.30 and now we are well and truly settled in the Marina for the bank holiday
weekend and for my visit to the Hospital on Tues once that has been done we can then start our trip in earnest.
Our Kieth is already up on the fishing score he is 8. 3. in front I will have to bring my mo jo into play I am not having him beat me on my own turf . I would never hear the end of it

As we are here for the Bank Holiday I am not sure what we are up to but I will keep you posted



No comments: